This software development company was in the market to grow their business and was in need of a customer relationship management system to help them keep track of client information. Historically, client information was kept in Microsoft Outlook and Excel or on business cards and the information was spread out between different employees. There was no single “truth” for a client.
Additionally, the business consultant and sales team were planning to be on the road quite a bit pitching to prospective clients, while the investment and admin teams would be in the office. All teams would be using the same client data which caused an even greater need for a relationship management system to keep track of all data in one place in a highly organized way.
After contacting PBSI and expressing the firm’s particular needs, they decided that Microsoft Dynamics CRM would be the appropriate fit for their needs. Because of their small user base and the capability to access Dynamics CRM anywhere, this CRM system would be highly efficient in organizing their account data and quickly access their information.
By highly customizing the Account, Contact, and Opportunity form, PBSI was able to streamline the client’s process for entering and viewing data. While meeting with the client and understanding their business and process flows, we were able to add specific industry related fields to these forms. PBSI was also able to simplify the CRM system for the client by removing superfluous and unneeded information from the forms and entities. Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a robust system with many capabilities, but often times clients can be burdened by too much navigation and icons in their system. We were able to hide unneeded icons, fields, and navigation so that only the necessary data and buttons were showing and easy to access.
- Improved business processes by going through ‘client-type’ classification exercise and breaking down account types into four main sub-types. By entering new accounts into these sub-types the client was able to better classify and organize data in a way that they had not prior to implementation.
- Created ‘Connection’ sub-grids on accounts, contacts, and opportunities to create relationships between records which is critical in this investment business. Customized these sub-grids to provide additional detail on the relationships.
- Connected CRM Outlook Client on each user’s computer to easily track emails, meetings, and tasks between Microsoft CRM and Outlook.
- Provided user training at beginning and end of implementation process so that users were comfortable entering, viewing, and searching for data while transitioning to ‘Go Live.’ Also provided Admin training to high-level users so that basic customizations could be done at the client level.
- Customized multiple records and entities based on individual team needs. The client’s business development manager had specific Opportunity structure needs, while the admin/investment team needed the Account structure fit their specifications for easy classification.
- Solution Type - RFP For Software Selection